Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From November 11 thru the end of December, 50% off all shipping options, UPS next day, UPS 2 day, and priority mail when ordering 40 dollars or more of plants. Thermal shipping bag FREE of charge with every order. This does no apply to any item that ships separate from plants. (your total not including shipping must reach 40 dollars to qualify)

Don't forget AB family members also get a special discount. This month it is 12% off of anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Robert,

I signed up for your mailing list today. I'm setting up a 75G tank. What do I need to do to qualify for the 12% off?

Thanks,:)
Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi... actually it is TFHPLANT (I just verified that it works) and will the order have to equal 40 after the coupon to qualify for the shipping?

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just placed my order and didn't see the charge for the shipping.. order #2992 should I assume the final charge for shipping will be 50% off the estimate?

Thanks,
R

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you choose priority mail as the option, 4.90, (half of 9.80) is deducted from the total, by me manually not by the computer system. If you choose any UPS option, half the shipping cost is added to the total.

For UPS orders, your credit card is charged twice, first for the product total, and then for the shipping charge. Priority mail orders has the shipping included in the total so your card is only charged once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never purchased plants in such cold weather; would they be fine coming from Oregon to the midwest without freezing? Which shipping option would be the best in this case?

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you having temps below freezing? As long as the temp is above 32 the cold is a good thing. If it is below freezing there is a chance it might freeze depending on how the package is handled by UPS or the post office, so the quicker it gets there the better. I am putting the plants in thermal insulated bags which should prevent freezing for at least 24 hours if not longer. I have not started using heat packs yet because I didn't think anybody was having freezing weather yet, but I can if you request it.

If there is a danger of freezing, then UPS overnight or 2 day would be the best bet. In general, I have far fewer problems shipping plants in the winter than in the hot summer. With UPS I guarantee the plants.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we're going to have mid-20s for nighttime temps next week, so I've been a bit worried at the idea of shipping plants. Normally I wouldn't bother to try, but I had issues with my tank's lighting and by the time it was resolved most of the plants had died. Staring at an empty box of water all winter isn't too appealing, so I guess I'll bite my nails and hope for the best.

Thanks again. :)

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, I ship plants all winter long with very few problems, much less problems in the winter than the summer. Below freezing temps at night is usually not the problem, the package is indoors at night. Its during the day and if the package is left outside when nobody is home to recieve it. Thats when its vulnerable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts