Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Another observation I have made is that when I get stunting of my plants like this.... many plants also start to show sever pin holes along with yellowing of older leaves followed by complete fall off of the leaf. This is also when I dose just 2 ppm of Mg per week.
The fact you dose x ppm of Mg a week doesn't mean much if we don't know what is the total Mg in the water.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Hi kekon
The world is patiently waiting for the day when you start growing plants. Plants in general don't need much, we already know what and how.

The reason why you are having difficulties is because there are damaging chemicals present in your water source. They are; Na, NaCl, Chlorine, Chloramin, medical hormones, medications, cleaners, caffeine, contraceptives, painkillers, insect repellent, perfumes, nicotine, fluoxetine hydrochloride Prozac, antidepressant, antibiotics, disinfectants, deodorant fragrances, anti-cholesterol drugs, soaps, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, arsenic, benzene, turpentine, toluene, kerosene, and on and on ….

RO reverse osmosis filtration does not entirely eliminate these substances. No Vanadium or K to Ca ratio will resolve it.

The only option is to let the plants to help you. Fill up your aquarium clean again and maintain the proper fertilizer levels with daily dosing for a month or two. The plants will consume most of the harmful chemicals cleaning the water column in the process. Algae will die and plants will grow through the stages.

Thank you
Edward

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
OK guys, let's see what happens after lowering PO4. As Defdac has already said it seems it helps. Anyway, now i'm going towards low levels (at least PO4). A year ago i had 2..5 ppm NO3 and not detectable PO4 (say 0.1 ppm max) and plants grew like crazy; no burned, stunted tips, no deformed leaves.
Sure it will help.
Daily dosing of NO3, PO4, K, Mg and Trace Elements while maintaining daily water column levels of 0.1-0.25 ppm PO4, 5-10 ppm NO3, 1-10 ppm K, 1-3 ppm Mg and less CO2 will fix the problem. But it is impossible to achieve with EI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts