Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I love to see more looking into this and trying to get to the bottom of it. For a LONG time 2 years actually I have been fighting with over all bad growth.... and reocurence of this "Ca deficiency" type symptom.... for me I have yet to slove it but I strongly feel it has a lot to do with my levels of Mg.... I have also added additional K to the tank for a long time and I dont know if this has any affect on the whole deal or not but it is a variable.

When I recently stopped dosing Mg all togeather other than what comes from my traces.... and am working on really bumping up CO2, and macros, still not getting very good growth but stunting has improved, though its still there.....

Another observation I have made is that when I get stunting of my plants like this.... many plants also start to show sever pin holes along with yellowing of older leaves followed by complete fall off of the leaf. This is also when I dose just 2 ppm of Mg per week. Evidance that Mg at even low concentrations can block K? I dont know..... but I strongly feel that Ca Mg and K are all tied into this deal for me any way....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts