Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tank was started about March, to house some gorgeous red lace snakeskin guppies I bought at a livebearer auction from a breeder, and it's sort of grown from there.

Details:

Tank is 60x30x30cm making it ~54 litres.
Light is 18w T8.
Substrate is plain silver sand and pea gravel
Eheim Pro 2222

This is how it looked at the beginning:

Snakeskin Guppy:

Gourami:

There have been some small changes to this tank since the start. I've added some Coffee bean rasbora, my gouramis spawned and I had about 50 fry, but sadly they have all but dissapeared. I upgraded the lighting a little as well (now 18w DIY luminaire).

I'm hoping to move this setup into a slightly larger tank soon, an 80cm 75 litre I have sitting dorment (needs a clean out). Anyway, to the recent pics from last weekend:

Full tank shot:

From the side and top:

Coffee Bean rasbora (Borars Maculata), Snakeskin guppy male :

Finally, Red line rasbora (Rasbora pauciperforata possibly):

One more shot of the side. You can see more of the right corner in this shot (crypts):

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That really turned into a jungle. Beautiful guppies, very striking color and pattern, I can see why you bought them.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Wow, lots of growth!... Be careful, your plants on the bottom may not get enough light causing them die. It would be better to do some trimming to get more light to all areas of the tank.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It's perhaps not as dark as it looks, but the crypts growing below are doing fine, just slowly growing. I do need to have a trim though. I'll trim it all this weekend hopefully, as I'm moving everything to a slightly larger tank (75litre).

The guppies are Red Lace Snakeskins which I bought from a breeder at a BLA auction (british livebearers association) in February. Lots of off spring, I noticed 4 or 5 new fry hiding in the floating plants this morning :)

I'll post new pics after I move everything :)

The main thing I like about this tank is the way it's almost self sustaining (apprat from feeding the fish). I do limited water changes, I don't inject CO2, and I dose a few ml of TPN+ once or twice a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.