Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tank was started about March, to house some gorgeous red lace snakeskin guppies I bought at a livebearer auction from a breeder, and it's sort of grown from there.

Details:

Tank is 60x30x30cm making it ~54 litres.
Light is 18w T8.
Substrate is plain silver sand and pea gravel
Eheim Pro 2222

This is how it looked at the beginning:

Snakeskin Guppy:

Gourami:

There have been some small changes to this tank since the start. I've added some Coffee bean rasbora, my gouramis spawned and I had about 50 fry, but sadly they have all but dissapeared. I upgraded the lighting a little as well (now 18w DIY luminaire).

I'm hoping to move this setup into a slightly larger tank soon, an 80cm 75 litre I have sitting dorment (needs a clean out). Anyway, to the recent pics from last weekend:

Full tank shot:

From the side and top:

Coffee Bean rasbora (Borars Maculata), Snakeskin guppy male :

Finally, Red line rasbora (Rasbora pauciperforata possibly):

One more shot of the side. You can see more of the right corner in this shot (crypts):

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It's perhaps not as dark as it looks, but the crypts growing below are doing fine, just slowly growing. I do need to have a trim though. I'll trim it all this weekend hopefully, as I'm moving everything to a slightly larger tank (75litre).

The guppies are Red Lace Snakeskins which I bought from a breeder at a BLA auction (british livebearers association) in February. Lots of off spring, I noticed 4 or 5 new fry hiding in the floating plants this morning :)

I'll post new pics after I move everything :)

The main thing I like about this tank is the way it's almost self sustaining (apprat from feeding the fish). I do limited water changes, I don't inject CO2, and I dose a few ml of TPN+ once or twice a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts