Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my first attempt at growing plants. I decided to start easy with some cheap stem plants that will grow fast and easy with very little care. As for the direction of the scape I do not know, I guess I will just play it by ear and hope I can make it look good.

As for fish I have:
5 - German Blue Rams
5 - Emerald Green Corys
1 - Albino Cory
10 - serpea Tetras
3 - Otos
and a few fish that stuck around from my non planted set up.

I am also thinking about getting another school of fish, but don't know what kind to get. thinking maybe neon tetras or marble hatchets.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks good. One thing that I think might improve the look of the scape is some type of cover for the driftwood, maybe some type of moss. The moss should grow well in low light levels and its pretty much self sufficient in the aquarium. But overall looks great and I like the driftwood stump and can't wait to see how it develops over time!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I disagree, That stump is too nice to cover up. If you dont want it to be seen then sell it to me. LOL

Looks nice though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have thought about getting some moss to put on the roots of the stump and also on the other drift wood in the tank. But I don't want to hide all the hardscape. especialy the stump, that thing took about 3 months to get ready to go in the tank. WHat a headache but worth every minute of it.

I also am thinking about getting a larger variety of stem plants and having the left side of the tank all grown up. I saw a tank at the Newport Aquarium like this and really liked the look. I am just not sure if the plants would have enough light towards the bottom to stay alive. Has anyone had any experience with growing a "Jungle" and keeping everything looking alive?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
The stump is AWESOME!! How much light do you have? That will somewhat dictate what plants you can use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts