Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. ZooMed indead has some of or actually the best NO bulbs for plants.

I did take light spread as a major concern since I did read that AHSupply's reflectors tend to concentrate the light on a particular area. So which one is it?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How evenly would I need to space them from each other? I'm going to grow some of the more difficult plants(L. inclinata, P. stellatus, Tonina) in this tank...just to make sure, with NO I will be able to grow them? What other bulbs should I use, I heard Tritons are good?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Carlos is right, many aquarists love to 'overdrive' the lighting on their tanks to speed up growth, witness pearling, etc. Yet it becomes tricky to maintain control on such tanks and problems such as stunted growth occurs.

But I do have one question, since I'm slightly overdriving the 6 NO bulbs using an electronic ballast. Will I face the same problems most high-light aquariums face?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.