Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I like to show you my nano tank. It is a cube of 30 centimeters of side with 25 liters (I think it is about 6 gallons)

It is planted with didiplis, rotalla macrandra, ludwigia arcuata, glossostigma and a local plant as foreground. This local plant was collected by a couple of friends in the northeastern province of Argentina over the Paranai Guazu river (Misiones Province <-- near the Iguazu falls). At first we thought is was some kind of hemianthus but after growing it emersed we noticed that its flower is very similar than bacopas flowers... so we dont know what it is! But what we know is that is beautiful.

Tomorrow I will take some pictures of the emersed version. I hope you like it.

Ariel

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
sorry I missed this! Nice tank and growth. Do you have a closeup of the foreground plant? It definitely sounds interesting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hooha, here you have closer pictures. Tomorrow I will go to the my backyard to take some pics of the emersed version.

A week after they have almost covered all the foreground. It is a plague!!

Kind regards
Ariel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tex Gal, it is a petrified wood (prehistoric I think), and yes it is a beautiful piece.

I am thinking about removing the didiplis, the macrandra and the arcuatas to leave it as an iwagumi... but I dont know..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice Nice Tank!!!
Outstanding. What substrate did you use?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Karen,

the substrate has a mix of:

- Laterite (1KG aprox)
- River Sand (5KG aprox)
- a little bit of carbon

everything very well mixed to avoid compactation and above this simpy sand (1,5 cms - 1 inch aprox)

Cheers
Ariel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts