Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
As always, well done!
Stunning to say the least! The red plant (ID please?) is a perfect foil to the surrounding greenery.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
7,392 Posts
That's an excellent fish selection for the layout.

Can you list plants and specs? I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind knowing.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
That's an excellent fish selection for the layout.

Can you list plants and specs? I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind knowing.
Hear! Hear! I'd love to know what the flora and fauna are.

Beautiful George (as usual). What's the size of the tank and is it made of low iron glass?

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
The black neon tetras are just perfect for the tank.
So that's what they are! How big to they get? Looks like they keep their color in high light settings. I noticed my rummy's noses don't get so rummy after the MHs fire up.

Anyone have a list of small schooling fish that don't mind high light?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for all the feedback.

Tank specs in detail -

Tank and cabinet
60x30x36cm German opti-white (low iron) glass and bespoke cabinet supplied by www.aquaessentials.co.uk for feature in Practical Fishkeeping magazine. I understand the same German aquarium manufacturer also supplies ADA, but I don't have the logo. :D

Filtration and heating
Fluval 405 external canister (1300lph) with lily pipes and clear hose. Plenty of flow is good! I also use a Hydor ETH 200 inline external heater set to 24C.

Lighting
Arcadia overtank luminaire (4 x 24w HO T5) with Arcadia Plant Pro and JBL Nature (9000K) tubes. I only run half the lighting for an 8 hour photoperiod. It's plenty for these plants.

CO2
2Kg pressurized system with Rhinox 1000 diffuser. 1 bubble per second with solenoid. Approx 25-30ppm with glass drop checker and 4dKH/bromo blue solution

Substrate
ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia mixed with black inert gravel, sloped a little to rear

Ferts
2ml Tropica Plant Nutrition+ per day. 50% water change per week with hard tap water high in NO3 and PO4.

Water parameters
I haven't tested my aquarium water in over 4 years. The plants and fish are the best indicator of water quality, in my opinion.

Hardscape
Midori wood and Mini landscape rocks

Plants
Staurogyne sp.
Pogostemon helferi
Crytocoryne wendtii 'Green'
Anubias barteri var. nana
Blyxa japonica
Microsorium pteropus 'Philippine'
Alternanthera reineckii

Fish and inverts
Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi
Otocinclus sp.
Caridina multidentata

Any more questions, please ask.

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
111 Posts
George,

you have that magic green thumb for quite a while now. Which ever scape you present here or elsewhere they are all very impressive. Great work, keep it going! And good luck down there in A.!!!

Yes, I've one more question concerning the tap you use. Any idea how much silicates it holds?

Thanks again,
Detlef

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
George, you say 'hard tap water', do you have specs on kh/gh as to what you mean by that? I too have 'hard tap water', and wonder how it compares. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts