Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nice. :)

Looks like a lot of the plants need more time to grow in. I think you may have some trouble keeping that pretty sword small enough in the future. The Pogostemon (Eusteralis) stellata also seems a bit large for the size of this layout.

Are you going to try a Hydrocotyle verticellata/Glossostigma mix in the foreground?

Keep us updated!

Carlos

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This looks like a beautiful garden. You really have chosen the plants well, as they all complement each other really nicely. How are you keeping the sword plant small? Aggressive pruning?

Do you have a full frontal shot?

Looking good,

Carlos

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One way I use is pruming the roots, like the bonsai. That plant is the Echinodorus “rubin” narrow leafs it grows short but large to this tank, but I like the efect, I've been told that I fill to mutch the tanks, thats one the things that I' ve to improve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Olá ermano, :D

Plants: Anubia barteri “afzelii”, Bacopa caroliniana, Blyxa japonica, Cryptocoryne ewendtii “brown”, Didiplis diandra, Echinodorus “rubin”, Eusteralis sellata, Glossostigma elatinoides, Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides “maritima”, Limnophilla aromatica, Ludwigia arcuata, Ludwigia repens, Riccia fluitans, Rotala rotundifolia, Samolus valerandi.

Fish/Animals: Corydora pigmeus, Crossocheilus siamensis, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Otocinclus affinis, Tanichthys albonubes, Caridina japonica, Melanoides tuberculata, Physella sp. and lots of Hidras sp.

I had Utricularia gibba and a pair of Odonata (dragonflies).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oi Sergio,

Did you manage to keep Hydrocotile short?, I´ve used verticillata in the past and no matter the ammount of light I had it always grew long petioles and reached the surface like a tiny lily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This type grows in diferent way, the others gro to the surface and had a much larger leaf.

The H. sibthorpioides grow lateral with hi ligth, like the G. elatinoides.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts