Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ,

here is a new 60cm tank , it is 6 weeks old and not quite finished yet , it's a very classic lay-out type , not so much original but i wanted to try the "island" lay-out type so ....;)

anyways here is the tank , i'll put some more pictures soon ;)

tank specs:60*30*36cm , 65L
lights:2*18W
co2:pressurized 1bp2s non stop
filter:eheim 2213
soil:Aquasoil , power sand etc...
ferts:brighty K , step 1

plants : glossostigma elatinoides
eleocharis parvula
moss (2 species)
green rotala
Micranthemum umbrosum
myriophyllum matogrossense
ludwigia arcuata "needle leaf"
rotala indica
cryptocoryne wendtii green
microsorum "narrow"

fishes: puntius gelius

hyphessobrycon pulchrinnis

tanichty.

Hope you like

· Registered
34 Posts
Nice tank!

A good selection of plants, and some really fine fish you found there.
I really think, you made a good work with the driftwood and the stones. It really looks "nature" like, despite that it´s scapet - of course! That can be quit defficult to achive.

Good work. I think i will keep this tank in my mind, when I start scaping my own island scape soon.

Best regards from Nicolai. Denmark.

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Once again great work! I am intrigued by the substrate arrangement. Looks like you have a slope the AS really steep toward the back, then covered the lower part with sand. Won't different layers getting mixed up with time?

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you for your comments:D

Bunbuku , there is no Aquasoil under the sand , all of the AS is in the background after the stones delimitation ;)

as i wasn't stisfied with the hardscape , i did some major changes in the higher part of the hardscape today , it's going to look better , i'll post some new pictures soon :D

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you for your comments :D

Fabac , i'm going to make a carpet , i'll keep the foreground in sand , i put some glosso here and there though but more to see how it grows on a non nutritive substrat , i think it will be removed for the final pictures ;)

here's a shot of the center part , even though moss is not nice yet , the back ground starts to look nice :D

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some updates of this tank , plants are suffuring from the summer heat , water is around 32 celsius degres , especially rotala is having quite a hard time , it is going straight up to the surface , not so nice , i'll have to wait for autumn to take some better pictures....:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.