Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
very nice simplicity and peacefulness to it, but looks very flat, at least in the pic.
maybe tilt the wood forward some to expose more to frontal view or add some val nana along the back for another layer? just some ideas.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Its very typical of your work.........................................................................................................................................................MOST EXCELLENT/BEAUTIFUL/ARTISTIC/PROFESSIONAL.

How may different tanks are you running? It would be nice to see a pictue of each of them.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much for the comments. Kinda surprised by the depth comments since I actually think the tank has alot of depth for a 72g as vancat made reference to. Might also be the black background and blackened sides too that reduce look. Also waiting for the Cyperus to grow alittle more.

Newt this is my only scaped tank right now, but I do plan on starting another small one soon.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Newt this is my only scaped tank right now, but I do plan on starting another small one soon.
What!
You dont have Petrified Valley anymore? I loved that set up.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thank you very much for the comments. Kinda surprised by the depth comments since I actually think the tank has alot of depth for a 72g as vancat made reference to. Might also be the black background and blackened sides too that reduce look. Also waiting for the Cyperus to grow alittle more.
I really like it at lot also but I can see where that comment comes from, perhaps is because the wood pieces significantly covered the bolbitis and the moss and/or the relatively homogeneous green color across the scape? Could be an artifact from the dark backgroud as you say.

Take my comments with a large grain of calcium carbonate.. if I could achieve what you did with tank with my own hands I would be estatic!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The scape is gorgeous. Of course, I expected it would be before I clicked the thread. :)
Kinda surprised by the depth comments since I actually think the tank has alot of depth for a 72g as vancat made reference to. Might also be the black background and blackened sides too that reduce look. Also waiting for the Cyperus to grow alittle more.
I think photographs in general reduce the depth, I'm always surprised that my own tank looks flattish in photos but I feel there's good depth in reality.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Very nice. I think the perceived lack of depth may be due to the lighting/bowfront/photograph. I'll bet in person it has an impressive sense of depth. The plants are all in prime health, too. That's excellent.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Updated Pic.

Not much change from list pic that was about 3 weeks ago. One reason I'm enjoying this tank is that there isn't much to do. No stems to really trim and all other plants are slow growers, although I'm surprised at how fast the java fern grows in good light/co2. The fact that the tank stays in control based on plant selection and the java fern still lending a furious look to it with it's long leaves trying to break out is what inspired the name.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Your tank was what inspired me to setup my nano the way I did. I really like the way it looks.

I hope to have a large tank like that someday.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts