Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello APC, I don't post here much, but I come to view your tank journals and use the plant finder often. I recently took an updated video of my 75 Gallon tank. It's now one year old!

Take a while to browse my other videos if you like, theres lots of tanks that post video updates for, and some how to videos and fish species specific videos. Click here to see them all. Don't worry none of my videos are me rambling on and on about little details of the tank, they are just quick clips to show the tank in a artsy like way.

As always thanks in advance for clicking the "LIKE" button, and commenting or subscribing. Hope you enjoy! so let me know what you think and off course feel free to ask questions! :wave:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Duly commented on your YouTube site! Nice job!

Need flora/fauna listed, as well as specs for lighting, ferts, etc. Would you mind posting that here?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Donald, are you "darkhazey"??
---------------------------------------------------------

As requested:

75 Gallon ~48x18x21
Custom DIY Stand/Canopy
Hydor Substrate Heating System
Hagen GLO 48" 2x54W T5HO (2x Coralife 6700K)
Fluval FX5 Cannister Filter
2x2L DIY CO2 Reactor w/ DIY Diffuser
Digital Thermometer w/ probe
Fluorite, Turface & Gravel Mix.

FISH
Otocinclus catfish
Siamese Algae Eaters
Amano Shrimp
Dr. Garra Rufa
Denisons Roseline Barb
Marble Hatchet Tetra
Super Blue Kerri Tetras
Rummy Nose Tetras
Glowlight Tetras
Hatchet Tetras
White Cloud Minnows
Golden White Clouds
Dwarf Neon Rainbows
Peppered Corydoras
Dwarf Sparkling Gouramis
Zebra Nerites Snail
Assassin Snails
Harlequin Rasbora

PLANTS
Various cryptocorynes (wendtii tropica, wendtii green, aponogetafolia, balansae)
Aponogeton Crispus
Melon Sword
Dwarf Sag Subulata
Valisineria spiralis
Valisineria spiralis sp. "TIGER"
Java Moss
Hygrophila polysperma
Ammania Gracilis
Java Fern
Rotala rotundifolia
Monoselenium tenerum (pellia)

Currently using Self mixed Dry Ferts:
KNO3 - Potassium Nitrate
KH2PO4 - Mono Potassium Phosphate
Chelated Trace mineral mix

Most of the past year there was very little fertilizing being done, and half as much co2 injection, and long periods with none at all. We're back to more consistency on both now that the tank will be judge in an upcoming home show competition run by a local aquarium club.

Here are some photos... but they are 6 months old maybe?? I'll just share them incase you want to checkout the custom stand and canopy and the setup a little more closely.

Wideshot, showing custom DIY stand & canopy, ADA style in matte black.
Missing another bookshelf for on the right side. Rona sold out of them...

Canopy shown closed. black hinges, mini rubber feet for when it sits open.

Canopy shown opened. White interior, shelf for light's legs. Deep access.

Hagen GLO 48" 2x54W T5HO (Thanks Otaku). Cooling Fan on same timer.

Timers, Supplies, 2L CO2, Food, Fluval FX5, Python. Stand doors open 120*

Full Tank Shot, after a very heavy trimming. (Taken Sept-13-2011)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes Sir, that is my name on YouTube!

Very impressive list of species, both flora and fauna! The fan makes me a bit nervous, but I've been there and done that myself as well! :D Whatever works, works!

Coincidently, I also have bookcases in close proximity to my tank as well. It is a "No Talking Zone."

Very nice, and I love your 10 and 20 gallons as well. Keep up the nice work and I'll be sure to check your tanks out from time to time on YouTube!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Sir, that is my name on YouTube!
Very impressive list of species, both flora and fauna! The fan makes me a bit nervous, but I've been there and done that myself as well! :D Whatever works, works!
Coincidently, I also have bookcases in close proximity to my tank as well. It is a "No Talking Zone."
Very nice, and I love your 10 and 20 gallons as well. Keep up the nice work and I'll be sure to check your tanks out from time to time on YouTube!
What about the fan makes you nervous? The fan is there throughout the Summer as the tank can exceed 82F without it. When it's there it's on the same timer as the lights.

The plan was to put two bookcases on either side, but foolishly only one was bought and now another of the same has not been found for sale. Doh! :rolleyes: Must have been a one time item from Rona.

Subscribed on youtube if you'd like to keep up to date with the tanks. Don't worry none of my videos are me rambling on and on about little details of the tank, they are just quick clips to show the tank updates in an artsy like way.

PS, I'm in awe of your 200G tank. I have a standard 220G, but its beeen stting empty for a while now.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just get a little nervous seeing a fan near open water. It's not a criticism! It just seems at first glance to be a bit precarious!

With an empty 220g just sitting there, I would say that you have a small project that you should be working on, mate! :D

Will jump over to YouTube and subscribe in a minute....

See you around, Buddy!

PS--"D'Oh!" is right!!! You need to jump on stuff like that, you know! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see what you mean about the fan. It could easily be attached to the hood, but hasn't yet. there is a simple saftey feature, the cord that suppies power plugs into the back of the fan, that's secured to the tank, so should the fan fall in, the cord disconnects ;) then I just have a wet fan lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to any APC members that have taken a minute to watch the video and Like it, or comment. Seeing some new replies and subscriptions and it might have been APC members! Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
No, they are not. But, there is a lot of "go between," many of the plant sites. You will be recognized more than likely after a while, especially since you use the same user name over on TPT.net. I do not. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts