Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 Gallon aquarium that has been setup for several years it has, regular river pebble gravel, 1x 40 watt T-10, and 2x 32 watt T8's. So I have right at 1.4 WPG. I have Flourish, Flourish Iron, and Flourish Excel. (I'll switch to dry ferts when these run out.) I should be alright without CO2, right?

Should I be able to grow these?

Sunset Hygro
Giant Hygro
Lace Java Fern
Moneywort

Also, what kind of carpet could I have with this setup?
Dwarf Hairgrass?
Glossostigma?(just hopeful, lol)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
The plants you listed should be ok with your setup although they will likely grow very slow. I'm not sure about any carpet plants with your setup only because of the distance the (already) low light has to travel to get to the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Thanks!

Do you think I could grow the carpet if I added 2 more 32 watt T8's to make it just over 2 WPG?

If I did that could I get by without adding CO2?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
601 Posts
HM might grow a carpet for you, but you'll have to trim it, because it will eventually want to grow vertically. I've successfully grown an HM carpet in a 10 gallon with a 20W bulb no ferts or co2, but it gets a dose of Excel at water change time which is once a week. Currently, I'm trying this out in a 55 with 80W of shoplight, hardly any ferts, & Excel and the HM is spreading horizontally w/ no vertical growth yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts