Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Oooo, that's pretty!

I think the foreground plants need to grow out a little more.

Also the plants on the left side need a little discipline in the form of shaping :)

I don't like where the lily is, but it's hard to say where it would be better until the other plants are shaped/grown out.

The right side looks a little bare.

Other than that, beautiful :) The more I look at it the more complex and pretty it seems. I really like the driftwood.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I like it very much. :)

I think the foreground needs to fill in and the Ludwigia sp in the back left could be trimmed more neatly to create a larger, more cohesive grouping.

I don't think the Hygrophila polysperma is doing anything beneficial in that aquarium. It just looks to messy, weedy, and unkept by itself. Why not use the smaller leaved Rotala sp Green, Rotala sp Nanjenshan, Hemianthus micranthemoides, or Heteranthera zosterifolia?

I agree with Brian. The Nymphaea is not adding anything positive in that position.

On a final note, I really like your driftwood arrangement. I love the arch between the two plant groupings --and how the wood splays outward from the smaller plant grouping. Very nicely done!

Carlos

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I don't have much to add about your plant photo except it looks like it will be a beautiful tank when it's filled in.

What I'm wondering is what the flower in your avatar is? It's beautiful. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yoki,
I really like the way you used driftwoods in your tank. Personally, I think your H. polysperma looks just fine the way it is right now. As long as you keep it managable, I see no need to replace it. Have you considered leaving the foreground empty with river gravel or, perhaps white sand? Just a thought :wink: .
Great job!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would also say the Nymphaea is a drag especially if you are following one of the aquascaping techniques. I think it looks kindda like the 'Triangle' formation. So therefore, when Nymphaea becomes somewhat tall, and also its reddish color might avert viewing eyes from fully enjoying the whole 'scape. I think you could try moving it to the far left and let its leaves sorta drift nicely, either with its submersed leaves or with its floaters. Other than that, time is everything:) I really like the layout:) I cannot wait to see the foreground fully covered by the plants.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Yoki,
I think it looks great! I too cast my vote for moving/removing the Nymphaea. I love the wood! I hope you post pics when the foreground fills in.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I say, Needs more foreground growth... but i see the foreground looking good in a month or so. Leave the Lily is attractive IMO. ALso add another Anubias nana to the right of the lil but slightly behind. Its a little to Right Triangley to me. My Opinions for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all of yours comment and like the driftwood arrangement!!! :wink:
I will try my best to keep it up.
I like this triangle layout vary much because it can give me more spacing on the right hand side. :p
How about what kind of plant can replace the Nymphaea or only moving its? :roll:

The name of Plants:

1. Glossostigma elatinoides
2. Echinodorus tenellus
3. Cryptocoryne parva
4. Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Mi Oya'
5. Cryptocoryne wendtii 'brown'
6. Cryptocoryne x willisii 'lucens'
7. Micranthemum umbrosum
8. Myriophyllum tuberculatum (red)
9. Rotala sp.
10. Nymphaea lotus
11. Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
12. Nymphaea sp.
13. Euteralis stellata
14. Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
15. Vesicularia sp.

Here is my foreground close up, I hope it will fill in after one month.
I will post my tank again when the foreground fills in.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Rotala Macranda would look good in place of the Lily i think. 3-5 stems would do the trick. By any chance could the Rotala sp. be Rotala Macranda green? It looks kinda like mine.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I disagree...

The reason why the Nymphaea doesn't look good in that position is that it is in the dead center of the aquarium. Replacing it with an even showier red plant is not going to improve the composition. Rather, I would just take out the red lotus and fill in the rest of the way with the Anubias nanas to break the symmetry.

Carlos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts