Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I like it very much. :)

I think the foreground needs to fill in and the Ludwigia sp in the back left could be trimmed more neatly to create a larger, more cohesive grouping.

I don't think the Hygrophila polysperma is doing anything beneficial in that aquarium. It just looks to messy, weedy, and unkept by itself. Why not use the smaller leaved Rotala sp Green, Rotala sp Nanjenshan, Hemianthus micranthemoides, or Heteranthera zosterifolia?

I agree with Brian. The Nymphaea is not adding anything positive in that position.

On a final note, I really like your driftwood arrangement. I love the arch between the two plant groupings --and how the wood splays outward from the smaller plant grouping. Very nicely done!

Carlos

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I disagree...

The reason why the Nymphaea doesn't look good in that position is that it is in the dead center of the aquarium. Replacing it with an even showier red plant is not going to improve the composition. Rather, I would just take out the red lotus and fill in the rest of the way with the Anubias nanas to break the symmetry.

Carlos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts