Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Here is my new tank, I hope you like it.

Sorry about the quality of the pic!

Regards,

Luís Moniz

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful tank, Luis. Excellent work.

Can you please share your specifications of the tank (lighting specs, plants, fetrilization, etc.)?

regards,
Ravi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments!
I forgot the specs sorry!

Tank: 90*45*45cm ( 182L) Optiwhite Glass.
Lighting: 1x150w HQI NAG ADA (8h day) 2x25w T5 965 Philips (10h day).
Filtration: Eheim 1x 2224 1x 2215.
CO2: 6kg Bottle; ADA CO2 Attache Regulator;ADA Pollen Glass Beetle 30; ADA Beetle Counter; 2 bubbles per second (non stop).
Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia II; Powersand special M; Bacter 100; Clear super; Tourmaline BC; Penac W; Penac P.
Fertilizer: ADA Brighty K; ADA Green Brighty Step 2; TPN; Kno3; Kh2Po4.
Plants: Cyperus Helferii; Eleocharis Vivipara; Riccardia sp.; Fissidens fontanus; Bolbitis Heudelotii; Microsorum sp.; Vesicularia montagnei.
Fish/Shrimps: Caridina Cf. cantonensis "Crystal Red"; Caridina Japonica; Neocaridina heteropoda var. Red.,
As you can notice the tank dont have fishes yet because I am waiting some Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi.

More pictures!

Regards,

Luís Moniz

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Thanks for all the comments, its nice to now great aquascapers (Rub and Jason Baliban) like my work, thanks again!
This tank will change in 2009 because initially I take inspiration from one tank of Mr. Amano but now I think he needs a change and my hand one it! Wait for 2009!!!

Regards,

Luís Moniz

·
Registered
271 Posts
OMG I never seen such a tank. I'm enlightened by the wild looking but very neat scape! :eek:

Added to my favorites. closer pics please.

what was your scaping material?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks again for all the words here, thank you so much Pedro, I am so glad you like my work!

tetrax you will need teach me to do that amazing .gif's you have on your blog :D, I try comment it but you don't have comment space! Thanks for your words!

Hi thief,
Unfortunate I don't have other pictures but if you want I have that ones a little big, here, here and here
I hope it helps 8-[

what was your scaping material?
Here you have the picture of the hardscape, the tank was in the middle of the room when I work on it :D but I think you can see well!

Regards,

Luís Moniz

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Hi,

This tank will change in 2009 because initially I take inspiration from one tank of Mr. Amano ...
Personally i think you executed your layout leaps and bounds better then Amano's!! I love all amanos work, and that one you showed is no exception. However, yours is much more unique and thought out. Its wild and tame all at once, i think its fresh and exceptional.

Hopefully you got some good pictures of it before you changed it:)

jB

·
Registered
459 Posts
One of the best new tanks I've seen here on APC in quite some time. Simply fantastic layout and plants. Gorgeous.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Very, very good! The hardscape is a true masterpiece. You also chose the plants perfectly. I would love to see a full frontal shot of the tank!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks again for all the coments and compliments here,

what did you use to hold the wood together at the base? did it effect the pH?
wonword I just use stones because the right wood is just one! About pH, no effect I guess.

I take one picture today, i think is better then other ones, the colours are more real, I hope you like it!

Regards,

Luís

1 - 20 of 46 Posts