Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Welcome to APC, Wayne! Your tank looks very nice. I'd like to see it with the foreground grown in.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I really like the tank. Great colors and the plants seem very healthy. Very nice job.

I like the open space that you've chosen to accentuate with the pebbles. I would encourage the moss (I think) and tennellus to grow into and over the pebbles somewhat to take some of the stark contrast away.

I don't get a clear sense of focal point as the bulky driftwood coupled with the red lotus seems to me to compete with the long branches on the right. Althought the red lotus is a beautiful plant, they will shoot to the surface and throw off your composition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was because the colour of all shade plants are also green /dark green. So, I use the red lotus to increase the colour contrast and let it be a focal point. But, I agree with u that will throw off the composition. So, i will choose another species of lotus to replace it. Thanks your advice !! :D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Wayne,

Welcome:) I like this tank very much. I do agree with the others that the lotus should go. It really draws the eye and makes it hard for me to focus on the rest of the tank. Over all I like the appearance of your tank but I to wonder about the focal point. I, certainly, am no one to ask but I personally would make the focal point the negative space where the two mounds meet the background. I think this would be a strong, yet unobtrusive focal point. THis area might be a littel to centered as is but you get my general idea. I think I would not put any lotus back but instead would replace it wiht a lower plant, maybe some anubias nana, crypt or something. A C. tropica might lok nice but it may get to big, I'm not sure. I like the direction the foreground is going but I find the red lava rock poking through the moss to be distracting. I would love to see it completely covered.

These are just my 2 cents and please don't miss understand, I do really like this tank:)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I agree with Dennis. The focal point is the negative space between the two mounds.

The layout seems a little unfocused. Try arranging the driftwood so that each piece enhances the other and the negative space --that will bring some focus to your aquascape.

Cover up the red rocks. I agree with Dennis, again. :)

I'm not sure how I feel about the lotus. If I were to replace it, I would fill it in with one of the other plants you are already using.

Carlos

·
Registered
100 Posts
Actually I thought the red lotus is a "clincher" for the tank, adding a touch of "edginess" to the overall subtled tones of the setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the looks of it, but 235,000 bytes is a little big for an image that's not an attachment :) I have cable and still had time to grab a cup of coffee while it loaded. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts