Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
All that I can say is WOW, very very nice!.... With my eyes I don't see anything wrong with this tank. I can see how you came up with the name for this layout.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the layout name of "Wind, forest, fire and mountain" is very difficulty to use english to present. Maybe let me to use my poor english to explain the spirit of this layout.
In the layout design stage, i have added four different elements to compose the scene that include wind, forest, fire and mountain.
This four elements is not the substance, you needs to imagine.

Wind

Forest

Fire

Mountain

·
Registered
244 Posts
What kind of rocks are those?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Absolutely stunning. Inspired, original, crafted, focused and just lovely. You are one of the great ones Wayne Sham. Your composition renews my spirit. . The photography is A++ also. Very nice work indeed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First of all, i want to say thank you very much with yours comment and appreciate!!

trckrunrmike : I have found the name of the stone is OHKO stone!! The stone details as following PDFfile.

http://www.waynesham.net/Photo/ADA Rocks.pdf

Tank config as below:

Tank Size: 90x45x45cm 182L

Lighting: ADA 903 (32Wx3)+ T5HO(30Wx3)

Plants:
1. Riccia fluitans
2. Glossostigma elatinoides
3. Didiplis diandra
4. Blyxa japonica
5. Hygrophila polysperma var. "Rosanervig"
6. Rotala rotundifolia
7. Hydrocotyle Verticillata
8. Heternanthera zosterifolia.
9. Potamogeton oxyphyllus
10. Echinodorus tenellus
11. Ranunculus papulentus

Fish and animals
1.Hyemigrammus ocllifer 2. Siamensis algae eater 3.Neocardina sp.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I think Jeff said it best. I loved your tanks last year, especially the rainbowfish tank, but this is a true departure for you. In the past your tanks have been somewhat compacted and dense in a bad way. With this aquascape you've really taken the volume of the tank and used it to the fullest. If I were judging this tank and had to be critical I would mention the somewhat sparse glosso foreground and straggly looking stems in the right top/rear. The R. rotundifolia and Didplis diandre are dense with smooth outer lines, but the red species (what is it?) has a disjointed line. Hopefully you'll be able to get that fixed before entry into any other contests.

Aside from that, well done. Your eye has really improved.

Regards,
Phil

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
You might try playing with the Riccia stones a bit more to add a line somewhere in the design.

You can view the Riccia as snow, waterfall, etc also in terms of nature and mountain comparisons.

We have some of that stone here actually, I just got some. Nice stuff.

You might try out some Blyxa and Riccia lines running through things in this or future scapes.

I think you will find it will help your scaping and design ideas.
Good rock design, I do like the feel.
Nice scape, certainly high points.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Phil Edwards said:
I think Jeff said it best. I loved your tanks last year, especially the rainbowfish tank, but this is a true departure for you. In the past your tanks have been somewhat compacted and dense in a bad way. With this aquascape you've really taken the volume of the tank and used it to the fullest. If I were judging this tank and had to be critical I would mention the somewhat sparse glosso foreground and straggly looking stems in the right top/rear. The R. rotundifolia and Didplis diandre are dense with smooth outer lines, but the red species (what is it?) has a disjointed line. Hopefully you'll be able to get that fixed before entry into any other contests.

Aside from that, well done. Your eye has really improved.

Regards,
Phil
Yes, i totally agree with u!! The glosso foreground looks like somewhat sparse. It is because the rocks had increase the PH to 7.X. It directly to affect the growth of all plants. So, i have reset the glosso foreground three times in a half of year!! Therefore, it haven't enough time to growth.

The red species is the R. Indica.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Wayne I think this is the best that I have seen from you. Certainly my favorite. I do not relate to the esoteric symbolisim you are striving for, but that is just me. It is fascinating to look at. I like the colors and the texture, and the detail. Every inch of the tank looks very well detailed.

I think I like the white background better. It makes it look more open and airey. I like the fact it has bold colors and yet it has harmony. I think the dark version looses that harmony. I didn't notice the thin glosso much in the first pic. I notice it much more in the darker one. There it seems more distracting. It will be interesting to see if this aquascape retains the same character as it ages.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love this tank. :) Excellent work, you should be really proud. :)

I also really like the white background better, I think you lose a lot of the life and vibrance and sense of freedom that really "made" the scape for me with the black background. With the white background it feels like you've captured a really vast and impressive piece of nature, which really goes along well with your theme here. The black seems too enclosed, boxed in, and looks much smaller to me. It's still stunning, I'm just partial to the open airy look for this tank. Personal preference, I'm no grand aquascaper (certainly haven't produced anything that looks nearly as good as that does!).

I think this is a very good example of the huge effect that something like changing the background (one single attribute) can have on an aquascape. They are really 2 completely different tanks with the change in background.

I think it will look absolutely amazing once the forground really takes off. I really like the expression and emotion you've put into it. I love it. :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Outstanding Wayne! the design is very well balanced and the your rocks complement your plant selection very well.
I can only say that I love this one man! keep up the good work! and create many more tanks.
Luis

1 - 20 of 30 Posts