Aquatic Plant Forum banner
81 - 100 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
my tank is 76 oF

HC likes to have soft water and cooler water and slightly acidic water my PH is around 6.8 and very very soft. One more thing HC does better if you burry it deeper in the gravel and don't mess with it if you move it or disturb it, it tends to stunt its growth or just die.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
When I look on this forum I really like seeing the tanks when it shows the full front view of the tank and so I figured I would post some of my tank.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I have a canon Digital rebal SLR the last year version with 6.2 mpxl. I love this camera it is very easy to use, I just wish I could afford some real lenzes for it and a strobe kit :pray:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
My water temp. in this tank is 76 F most of the time.

you can get water softeners from a company called Aquarium Pharmisudicals they call them water softening pillows same exact stuff they use in the ADA softenizers. You recharge these "pillows" with rock salt. Plus they go into your filter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
* I prefer the 1st picture. :)
I really like the effect given by the M narrowon the right and the Arcuata is one of my favorite plant :p
But It's the only red plant and just next to the path which really catch me eyes outside it.
Maybe keep the Arcuata less tall. :heh:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Aww,5D is my dream Cam :heh:
What is the lense ?
I just have the 24-105mm lens I wish I had the 24-70mm instead, It seems to have less of a bowing affect in wide images. Next I plan to get a 50mm wide angle lens just for the aquarium photography:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just have the 24-105mm lens I wish I had the 24-70mm instead, It seems to have less of a bowing affect in wide images.
Yes,Fullframe-cam is often meet this trouble.
Next I plan to get a 50mm wide angle lens just for the aquarium photography
Did you mean the 50mm f1.8 EF-S ? Aw,i'll choose the 17-85IS instead of it :heh: And im intending to buy one for my 30D.hope i can share with you some experiences.

·
Registered
123 Posts
this is my tank I plan to enter in the ADA contest for 2007 I have been preping it the best I can to make it look the best I can. This tank is a ADA
90P I am using a coralife aqualight pro with one 150watt HQI using a 8,000k green bulb and 2 65 watt 6,700K pc bulbs and 2 moon lights. I also am using the new Eheim pro3e filter with the 17mm lilly pipes on it. This tank has been setup for almost 3 months.
I am a beginner so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Why such a large filter? I calculate it turns the tank over about 9 times an hour.

Beautiful tank. Thanks for all the pictures of the set up and epuipment. These nut and bolt pictures really help a newby.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Yes,Fullframe-cam is often meet this trouble.

Did you mean the 50mm f1.8 EF-S ? Aw,i'll choose the 17-85IS instead of it :heh: And im intending to buy one for my 30D.hope i can share with you some experiences.
I would greatly appreciate any lenses for my camera... I actually played with that 17-85mmlense and I liked it and it was also on my list great lense, only problem with that lens I found is it slightly blurs the center of the image and distorts the edges, but at the same time gives a great amount of depth in the image very 3 dimentional.

81 - 100 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.