Aquatic Plant Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
This is a great deal for the 9325s if you want to get 6 at a time.

www.atlantalightbulbs.com

The link to the page will not work properly so enter F55BX/AR/FS in the search box on the website home page.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 29 gallon tank with one 6700k and one 9325k bulb, really like the effect with rainbowfish and some plants with reds and purples. But need to replace the original 6700k Coralife bulbs (double bulb Aqualight) on a 18 gallon iwagumi tank with only green plants and neon tetras. The neons actually show up pretty nice in the 6700k lights and since the plants are all green in the iwagumi tank, I wanted advice as to how the 9325k would look like in this tank. I am actually considering just replacing the 6700k bulbs in this tank. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I find the Coralife bubs, especially the 6700K, to have a lot of green light.
However, a lot of people use them and like them.
The 9325s alone dont do it for me either as the bulb has avery low CRI so colors dont look natural.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Newt, could you recommend a bulb combo for a green tank with only neons?

I find the Coralife bubs, especially the 6700K, to have a lot of green light.
However, a lot of people use them and like them.
The 9325s alone dont do it for me either as the bulb has avery low CRI so colors dont look natural.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
What do you mean by "green tank"?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I have (2) 5500K 55w CF from ahsupply that have about 3 months use. I'm not using them anymore. If you want them I'll let you have them for $5 USD (for the pair) plus the cost of shipping. It should go nice with the GE9325. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have 2 t-12 9325K on my aquarium and I love this light. Very bright, have a lot of blue and red so the red plants shows more red and the blue-violet of fish are more strong. Also I have 2 full spectrum and two red GE aquarium and plants. The combinations brings white light with the effect of 9325K

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have half red plants and half green plants in my aquarium. i plan on getting two 9325K's, but i am not sure if i should pair them with two 5000k's or two 10,000's. i want to strike a good balance.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Use a good quality 5000K high CRI

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks, do you know where i can find the GE 9325K? they come in t5 right?

How do i know what the CRI is? do certian brands tend to have higher or lower CRI

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
This is a great deal for the 9325s if you want to get 6 at a time.

www.atlantalightbulbs.com

The link to the page will not work properly so enter F55BX/AR/FS in the search box on the website home page.
The GE9325 are T5 but CF. To my knowledge they are not made in T5HO linear. They do offer T8 linear sizes known as AquaRays (these are 9325K).

If purchasing bulbs online the CRI is typically given. If not make an inquiry.

·
Registered
83 Posts
do you recomend any other bulbs to pair with it?

the bulb you recomended is 34 inches will it fit in a 36 inche fixture?

I am totaly lost now...

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Measure your fixture from connector to connector and see what you get.
I had a 48" TEK and the bulbs were ~46"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok. I found the adapter for square pin to straight on ebay for a reasonable price (except for the fact you have to buy 4 and i only need 2) Does anyone else know where you can get these adapters? it seems like this one dude is the only person on earth that has them lol. I have searched high and low and cant find them on the web nor in town xcept for this 1 auction. I'd like to buy just 2.

Also has anyone tried putting a GE 9325 lamp in a Current USA SATELLITE 24in 2X65 watt fixture with the adapter. It looks like its going to be a very very tight fit. I may have to remove one of the fans. It appears from my research the the GE 9325 is actually a little shorter then a typical 65 watt square pin lamp which may save my butt. Can anyone else speak on this?
Dylan

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
It all depends on how you like the color of light to be in your tank.
If it was me I would go lower like 4100K like the europeans. I like the warmer look of the light.
If you like a light with more blue go with the 10000K.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts