Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the last day this week that the weather will be even halfway decent so I took a walk this morning. I've been watching this area of the pond that looks like a field (lack of better word) of something was growing. Well we've had several nice days here, upper 60's, and finally I see some new growth! I haven't put it in the aquarium yet. There is something about this one that is a little odd. This is the same pond as I've found the other plants and I haven't noticed them feeling slimey but this one does. I've cleaned them really well and wiped the leaves off but its almost like they have a coating of something on them. I did find one big glob of something. It kind of reminds me of the juice of an aloe plant although I know that's not what it is. the other plant is one I got the other day. It has put on over an inch of new growth already and pearls daily.Thanks for looking!!

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
The new plant might be a Polygonum species. It certainly looks big. It looks like submersed growth, too. I will be interested to see if it can grow in an aquarium.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts