Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
new shrimp?

Whatever that shrimp is, it certainly is a good looking one. Is that the only one you have or are there several. I was in my LFS yesterday and there is a shrimp in a plant tank that no one can identify. The sucker is almost 4 inches long and fat!!! I will take a pic of that one today and post it on here. Hoping you guys can help!!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a few in the tank like this, not sure in total since they like to hide sometimes....also not sure how many are in the 29 that didn't get caught in my "filstar shrimp trap" :D

These shrimp DID NOT SNEEK IN..it was BORN in my tanks within a month or 2. The last time I purchased shrimp was a couple weeks ago. Those were amano shrimp and one of them being the parent is impossible (time frame). Prior to that, my last shrimp purchase was in september. Only two types of shrimp during that time...cherry and malayan. So either I have a brood(?) of mutants, or crossbreed shrimp.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well just made it back from the LFS with some more plants and I was able to snap a pic of the shrimp I mentioned above. Any idea of the ID???? It seems to get along with all of the other Amano and chery shrimp in the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
So I take it there is a limit as to how many pics one can post in a day? It will not let me post another pic

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Oh, that's where've seen that shrimp before...Shawna said there really fast killers(no wonder it got hold of the barb!), with monsters like that the only friends they should be with are Oscars...:wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
LOl Yup, I remember that thread. Definetly get that sucker out of the tank. Perhaps kept alone it would be an interesting conversation piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts