Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow...thanks for your experiences. André.
I love Pogostemon helferi and HC in your tank too much. Your series of pics is worthly for me.
Now your aquarium is ready for New Year Day.
Congratulation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love this tank. I love the idea of taking a small tank and making it look large. I hope I can get my tank looking half as nice as this one. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Happy New Year guys!

Thanks for the kind comments, I´m really happy you liked it. The tank has suffered a major trim in the mosses and in the rotala, H. micranthemoides, etc and is now recovering from it.

As soon as the plants reach the desired effect, I will update again.

Regards,
André

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 question.

I´m from Mexico and as you must know we don't have the variety of plant's that you have.

I've seen that you use rotala sp. pink, could you tell me the scientific name of the plant?

I think that the rotala pink is the Rotala Rotundifolia, but I'm not very sure. I've been looking for at the Tropica's catalog and as I told the most seemed plant is the Rotundifolia.

Thank's a lot.

Excelent Aquascape, excelenet selection of plants.

Congrats.

·
Banned
18 Posts
I had green water in one of my tank also.... What I did is complete blackout and 10% water change every other day.... took about 6-8 days to go away. On the 10th day water was crystal clear.... alot of plants kinda turn yellow but it'll bounce back within a week or so. Alot of ppl say to let it ride out but then you will be looking at green water for at least a month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man this tank is amazing .. very detailed :)

FazTeAoMar, I recently setup my 1st planted aquarium, about 5 days ago and now I'm having issue with Green Water as well :-| I don't think we have Pistia stratiotes here in New Zealand as you mentioned in your post, that seems to fix your green water issue. Can water sprite help with this issue as well? Just wondering what other alternative plants that are available here in NZ I can use LOL

21 - 40 of 42 Posts