Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I prefer the 1 1/2" because the BA's blue bioballs fit perfectly in the 1 1/2". The co2 must go past all the bioballs before it has a chance to escape from the other end.

To remove the false gas vent, I just turn the reactor upside downand. Of course, I dont have my reactor fasten down. it just sit in the air as shown in a different post.

·
Registered
288 Posts
There is a new splinkler part I am using for my reactor that you can use on your reactor. 1/2" FIPT x 1/2" MIPT /w 1/4" male swivel barb port Just attach it to the 'in' side of the reactor

You can get it at Home depot in the lawn sprinkler section. It is made by Drip Master.

IMO, co2 should dissolve faster in the 1 1/2" pipe. The bioballs are not as tightly pack in the 2" as they are in 1 1/2"

I am not sure how you can vent false gas with a hardpipe reactor though.

Long ago, I would just remove the end of the co2 line that is attach to the bublecounter and place it in the tank to let it vent out. It was really annoying because it could take more than 15 min just to vent most of the bubbles out.

I wouldn't suggest doing that with the sprinkler part though. The part isn't design to take backpressure through the 1/4" swivel adapter. It would drip through the gap connecting to the 1/2" adapter. It shouldn't drip when theres co2 going through the 1/4" adapter.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Where did you get the fitting from? Can you put a photo up so I can see it?

Yea, I think 1 1/2" pipe would be better for our size of tank. You would probably want others opinion as well when it come to DIY reactor size. Everyone has there own opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.