Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Hanzo and I'm a plantaholic...

(This is where you guys go, HI HANZO)

I'v been into the art of aquascaping for over a year now, and littel by littel I'm making progress. But my problem is with focal point, I just cant get a clearly deffined focal point going in my tank. When I startet aquascaping I read that it was very important with contrast in the tank. Plants should be plantet with as much contrast as possible, in tearms of leaves shape and color. I adopted this, and have been very consitent on putting red and green plants togheters to make as much contrast as possibel. But this also gives me a big problem with a clear focal point. Since I use several kinds of red plants in my tank, and usually has so much of them that they make up 95% of the aquascape the focal point gets lost in the jungel.

So, my question is this. Should I limit the number of red plants that I use down to just one big healty red plant in the golden section, and keep the rest of my plants on the green side, thereby limitind the amount of contrast, or is there something else that I'm missing? Kind of a dumb question I know :oops: But any and all advice would be nice 8)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great replys!

SCMurphy, your aquascape was indeed what I was thinking of when I was typing my original message.

Carlos, right now im sitting on a laptop with the sun in my screen, so I have a hard time getting the pictures. But I also must admite that the red plants often gets the eyes attention, and as such I would say that they atleast work as a competition for the focal point. I could be fun to but this in a pole and see how people was voting as fare as focal point goes.

But I got this really great piece of driftwood that I will use for my next setup. I might try making parts of this a focal point, or using a really red plant as a focal point. I don't know really, time wil tell :D But I want to try a really by the book aquascape and see if I myself am more happy with it. It's really hard getting everything right, and when you finaly do it grows out and looks like just another jungel a week later :shock:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the pictures are to small, my eyes gets the whole thing and the red plants are the part that stick out and get my attention. Could very well be that this would turn out different if it was sitting in front of the tank. But you point is well taken carlos, and I will try to incorporate some of this in my next setup, due sometime this month :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.