Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hanzo said:
So, my question is this. Should I limit the number of red plants that I use down to just one big healty red plant in the golden section, and keep the rest of my plants on the green side, thereby limitind the amount of contrast, or is there something else that I'm missing? Kind of a dumb question I know :oops: But any and all advice would be nice 8)
"HI HANZO"

No. Let me show you a tank, It sounds similar to what you described.
It has the one red plant in the 'focal area'. It is overpowering the aquascape. It has too much 'focus'. Unfortunately I still don't know how to fix it but at least you can see the result of a tank the way you described it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Carlos,

I'm confused, I can't tell if you agreed or disagreed with me. I'm still trying to learn myself as it were. I'm sure you were trying to avoid it, ( I think everyone else was too :wink: ) but it's ok, my feelings won't be hurt.

Does this count as a feeble plea for help?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Carlos? You out there?

·
Registered
459 Posts
#1.... The red plant frames the bright green plant for me, I see the idea of an accent.

#2....Because of the size of the picture my eyes just end up on the red plant. It is too bold in the center of the tank.

My example....The red pulls my eyes right onto the rock. Surprised the heck out of me I was expecting to end up on the red plant.

tsunami said:
I'm coming, I'm coming. Yeesh. :)

Carlos
I'm sorry, I was worried you had missed our cries for help. I did wait five days before bugging you. :wink:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: the eye's path

anonapersona said:
So, in the first picture that SCMurphy posted with the big red plant, the red is right on top of the focal point, so there is nowhere else to look.
Actually it's a little red plant, in a ten gallon tank. :wink: I am studying your post. I think I am getting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.