Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Love your forum.
My wife just came home with two Acorus Gramineus v. Pussilus for me, 'cos I've been oh so sad...:wink:. (I was aiming for the glosso, :evil: next time I'll just sigh at the rate of the bubbles from my CO2 inj.)
Anyway, guys, if you have any info on that I'ld very much appreciate it. I would really like to know if you think it would make a good foreground plant. Any new strategies to get free plants from our wives are welcome.
Thank you all.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I couldn't wait... I had to do it... it looks great.
I've searched and the info I got was the plant grows up to 7cm (2,5 inches?), so I placed it on the foreground. Couldn't find any info on Tropica. :roll:

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again guys. Thx for the input.
Here's some info I've found at http://www.mongabay.com/fish/plants/Acorus_gramineus.htm

Acorus gramineus
COMMON NAME: Japanese Rush Plant
SYN: None
FAMILY: Araceae
RANGE: Asia; bogs in Japan
AQUASCAPE: A. gramineus var. pussilus and A. gramineus var. variegatus is a dwarf form suitable for foreground planting. A. gramineus var. intermedius is a suitable background plant.
HEIGHT: A. gramineus var. pussilus/variegatus to 4" (10 cm),A. gramineus var. intermedius to 18" (45 cm).
AH: From 10" (25 cm)
LIGHT: low to bright
WATER: pH 6.0-7.0, 2-12 dH, 59-70°F (15-21°C)
SUBSTRATE: plain gravel
P: split the rhizome
REMARKS: Because this species is a bod plant, it should be grown totally or partially emersed.
DC: 8

P.S. - Splited the rhizome and doubled the investment
All the best. :wink:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.