Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most sites that require logins activate a password manager in my browser (Netscape) that allows the browser to remember and fill in the password and ID from then on. APC does not activate this, although it used to do this before the switch to vbulletin. Would it be possible to set vbulletin so that logging in does activate the password manager?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Paul,

I think, but am not 100% sure this is a setting in your broswer prferences. I looked in the browser versions I have, alibet for a pc (I no longer support macs, moved to a different divison in the co.) and each one allowed me to view and manage whats in my Password Manager area. Browsers used are Opera, IE and Firefox. That said there are certain sites, such as my bank and brokerage acct, that will not allow saved PW and no matter how many times I try it will not work.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gnatster,

I now have Mac OS 10.3 up and running, and Netscape's latest for the Mac, 7.2, which only runs on OSX. Netscape has a version 8, which is beta, but, no thanks! This netscape has a simple Password manager that only allows you to set sites where password manager saves passwords or where it does not. It has already saved logins for several other sites, so I know it is working.

By the way, with Netscape 7.2 I can now get the chat room, but I get what appears to be a corrupted dialog display that has no place to type in anything. I don't see any javascript error messages, so that is an improvement.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I now have Mac OS 10.3 up and running
LOL, watch for imminent release of 10.4 aka Tiger. I could tell you why have a suspicion that it's release would be very soon but Apple would hunt me down and sue me back to the stone age.

One feature, and this a real feature not a bug, in 10.3 that I really do like and am looking for is the windows world is a Expose' that moves all open windows aside and the other makes all open small and openeable so you can find that one window from the other 18 open windows that has the data you need.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Nathan,

I already read Apple's teaser about the impending release of 10.4---- "First half of 2005". It looks like its 'search everything' capability is going to be really hot. I already discovered expose'. It is cool. There are a lot of nice things about panther, which I thought I wouldn't like. For one thing, it does not slow down my 400 mhz G4, which I had feared it would do. I have file vault up and working, and my daughter can't get on and mess up my files. Panther really does pretty much the same things that OS 9 does. Hope I don't have to pay too much for Tiger, since I just got Panther. I got some coupons, Maybe those will help. I am relieved to see that nearly all of my old apps work in Classic. The one exception so far is the download software from my camera. Now, if I can just find the CD that came with the camera so that I can download the OS 10 version------------. It is somewhere in the late Paleozoic strata on my desk :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts