Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carlos was generous enough to scan some entries from last year ADA contest.

I think he promised more to come later (Thanks Carlos).
Enjoy,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IUnknown, thanks for posting. I look foward to seeing the winning entries!
A couple more '03 entries, scanned by Carlos:

·
Registered
72 Posts
That Gold winner, the Silver winners and that first Bronze winners are some of my favorite aquascapes that I have ever seen. Amazing ...

I also like the "huge tank big school of small fish" look, it just appeals to me a lot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm deeply impressed by this one,

Feels like a UFO shots over distant mountains :lol:
Is it glosso ? How to slope the substrate to this kind of steep angle ? Do the aquarist place pockets of substrate for the plateau effect ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
All very inspiring pieces. I relish getting to look at these ADA entries as they always have something new to teach.

Is it just the way they were photocopied, or does anyone else see how different the lighting is in ALL of the tanks? The greens are much more neutral, natural. More of a grey tint then bright green. And this is something I've made mental notes of in the past of primarily foreign aquascapes...are they using different bulbs are something?

Amano's favorite is supposed to be the 8800k, and his tanks always seem to take the same kind of shading - is this the reason?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Some beautiful entries. Personally, I like the three bronze winners more than the others.

Aviel,

The plant in question is Rotala rotundifolia 'Green'. For more information on this plant, please visit the Plant Finder.

BudiPT,

It seems to be a mixture of Glossostigma and java moss.....

Carlos

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tsunami,

I can see that the stems are straight rather than crawling like in the rotundifolia green. I also see that their upper side is pinkish and I thought rotundifolia green is always green. This is why I asked,

Aviel.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
On my screen, the plants look uniformly green. However, you do have a point. I doubt it is Rotala rotundifolia though since it also exhibits horizontal growth --perhaps it is Rotala macrandra 'Green'?

Carlos

·
Registered
628 Posts
BudiPT said:
I'm deeply impressed by this one,

Feels like a UFO shots over distant mountains :lol:
Is it glosso ? How to slope the substrate to this kind of steep angle ? Do the aquarist place pockets of substrate for the plateau effect ?
I am really curious how they did that too, it is amazing. It looks like mountains.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It looks like the mountain pic is just tightly trimmed Java moss with glosso closer to the glass. Very nice effect. That one is my favourite.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The plant on the "mountains" is HC, X-mas moss is actually on the lower right of the picture.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts