Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you attened, you should received your result now. i got mine today. lol... total 791 applications (732 applicants) from 26 countries. im still proud it was my first real planted tank, even though my ranking really sxxks, but at least my pix will be on the booklet. :lol: top 600 rankers' pix will be complied as a booklet. who wants to order booklet? im going to get one. :p

Tim

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: ADA 4th International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest Resu

Pigheaddd said:
if you attened, you should received your result now. i got mine today. lol... total 791 applications (732 applicants) from 26 countries. im still proud it was my first real planted tank, even though my ranking really sxxks, but at least my pix will be on the booklet. :lol: top 600 rankers' pix will be complied as a booklet. who wants to order booklet? im going to get one. :p

Tim
ooppps! if you are in 600. you dont need to buy booklet. you will receive one for free. :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my ranking? lol... 589... almost the last one. ... so... im the only one who receive result? come on guys. im sure most of you are better than me. hesitate to post or? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i remember read a topic about who entrance ADA 2004 Contest raise your hand and post pix something like that couple months ago! or i have bad memory? :roll:

Tim

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I haven't recieved any results yet, but then again I haven't had much luck with correspondance of any kind from ADA. Where can I find the results? I've checked their home site and it's not up yet.

Best,
Phil

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I haven't received my set of results, either. By this time last year, the ADA had a list of rankings on their site but not so this year.

Frustrating...

Can't wait to see the top 27 tanks for this year.

Carlos

·
Registered
6 Posts
217th place here.
Gomer, Your tank is great. I'm really surprised it didn't make to hit the top 100. The competition had to be very tough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the judges only take serious on the top 100 ~150 tank. I also feel sorry for some of my friend's beautiful tank cannot get a higher rank.
Gomer's tank is great and surely be within 100 in normal.

ADA's ranking always have jokes. Last year 2003, same tank by the same person submitted twice and get two different ranking, it's it rediculous :lol:

My tank "Aquarium Passion" luckily got 57

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, that might be the same tank, but it sure is in different condition.
I also think the first pic is better than the second.
However, interestingly enough that same tank wouldn't even get to top 200 in this year's competition. That's a great improvement in aquascaping worldwide.

Cheers,
Pedro

·
Registered
133 Posts
ADA

Congratulations to all who had the courage to enter. It is not an easy thing to do, to put something you've created "out there" and let someone critque you.

There should be at least one aquascaping contest somewhere in the world where the people, the hobbyists, you and I decide who rocks and who doesn't. The AGA people's choice gets there but that is only awarded to one layout. To me that would be have a more accurate pulse of what appeals on a much larger scale. There also should be more feedback for entrants in any type of competition. A take on what they are doing that is impressive and what they need to work on. Or a guess we all could hire aquascaping coaches.

BTW, I came in at 126 and think they just switched my numbers another with a computer. Last year I was 162.

One day I will catch Luis. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
It would be nice if, along with the ranking, you guys/gals could perhaps edit your posts to include the submitted tank image as well. My eyes have a sweet tooth. :biggrin:

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts