Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ADA's International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2004 is just around the corner!

Entry form: http://dump.fibervault.com/ADA_Form.pdf
Closing date: April 30, 2005
Fee: FREE!

Negative film and digital camera images are now accepted, along with positive film. However, a print is required for applications with negative film and digital camera. Please make sure to include 2L size print in case of the application with negative film and digital camera in order to confirm the picture.

If you make it into the top 500 tanks, you receive a beautiful, high quality magazine with pictures of the top 500 tanks. It is not very difficult to get into the top 500, however. Last year, a tank with goldfish and plastic plants actually placed 498th! So don't be afraid.

All other details are in the entry form... which we only have in a scanned form not suitable for printing:

http://www.pbase.com/plantella/iaplc2005

For all those interested, I am currently creating an ADA contest 'group' on APC for all those interested in joining the competition this year. We will discuss iinformation on entering, how to prepare and photograph your tank for the event, provide critical commentary to raise the general level of our layouts (sometimes, others see things we only notice when they point it out to us), and just generally encouragement to make sure all those signed up enter. Some of us will also be doing a joint submission.

Take part...!

Carlos

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone, it says right in the first post that the closing date is April 30, 2005.

To enter, fill out the entry form that will be provided as soon as we get the pdf file. Entries are mailed to Japan. It does not work by email like the AGA.

Carlos

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The link above leads to an application form. The application form should be completed, a photo enclosed with the completed form, and the lot sent by airmail to ADA in Japan (all this is detailed on the application).

God helps those who help themselves!

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here's a link to the .pdf if anyone wants it. Let me know if there are any problems with distributing it in this format. Thanks :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
travis said:
Here's a link to the .pdf if anyone wants it. Let me know if there are any problems with distributing it in this format. Thanks :)
youre entering yeah? it should do well! hopefully they like our cichlid tanks :razz:

·
Registered
150 Posts
"Please use 3.0 megapixels digital camera and take a photograph with
high resolution mode."
"Please make sure to send professionally printed 2L size (127x178mm)
print for the layout confirmation. We cannot accept the print printed by
home-use Color Laser Printer or Ink Jet Printer."

I would imagine these two will be a problem for some.

·
Registered
228 Posts
SAWALLACE said:
"Please use 3.0 megapixels digital camera and take a photograph with
high resolution mode."
"Please make sure to send professionally printed 2L size (127x178mm)
print for the layout confirmation. We cannot accept the print printed by
home-use Color Laser Printer or Ink Jet Printer."

I would imagine these two will be a problem for some.
i guess u could just go get it printed at kinkos right?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
For those entered the 04 AGA contest you can have your entry automatically sent to 05 ADA all in the proper formats with all info filled in. Send an email to erik at thekrib.com to request to be included.

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Do not make any image processing such as trimming or retouch"

Does this mean that you can't crop the photos. If you cant crop them, do they do it for you?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
No, they don't care if you crop them. Crop, sharpen, and adjust away as necessary. Just don't add objects, erase objects, and the like...

Carlos

1 - 20 of 90 Posts