Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got into this hobby about 1 year ago when I first stumbled upon some planted tank images from Amano. So I jumped in trying to learn about the aquascaping world over the past 1 year by browsing the apc forums, observing and researching as much as I can to create my own planted tank. Here is a picture of my tank currently, which is a second revision and which I like a lot more than the first one I set up a year ago.

1.5 Month Old Tank
Tank: ADA Mini M
Lighting: Coralife 18W Mini Aqualight 10K and a 13W 10K Desklamp for 6 hrs a day
Filter: Eheim 2213 Canister Filter
Substrate: Amazonia Aquasoil
Plants: HM and Dwarf Hairgrass
Stone: Seiryu Stones
CO2 Method: DIY Yeast inline with DIY PVC Reactor
Fertilization Method: PPS Pro

Thanks for looking. Any C&C welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment Sotty, I thought about that a while back but want to be able to grow some plants decently first. I have a couple tetras in there right now. I do plan to add a few more plants later on to my scape as soon as the HM grows in a bit more and when I feel a good deal on some plants.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice little tank. How do you like the 2213 on this tank? Is it too much flow or are you using the quick disconnects to control the flow?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice little tank. How do you like the 2213 on this tank? Is it too much flow or are you using the quick disconnects to control the flow?
The 2213 Eheim supplies enough flow for this tank. However, I'm not sure if the circulation is as good as I'd prefer. Maybe I arranged it incorrectly somehow. You are right, I am controlling the flow rate of the water with the valves on the quick disconnects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts