Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts
HAHA, well I will let you know as soon as it arrives! Thanks for letting me know about the Amazonia. I did not buy large quantities of the substrate, but it is not a problem to order more if the demand is there.

Kirt
All About Fish
2535 E. Broadway Ave
Long Beach, CA 90803
562-438-4148

I am assuming you ordered your product from Aqua Forect in San Francisco because I know for a fact you did not buy direct from ADA Japan. I just spoke with them 5 minutes ago.

I think it is great that you are offering the products in your store, but let's be clear that you can not just call up ADA in Japan and order product. Aqua Forest and ADG have worked very hard to forge a market for the line here and taken great financial risks to create awareness and demand, so the exclusivity we have earned is a coveted thing indeed!

If your product came from a source outside the US, I'll tell you now it's going to be a problem for everyone involved.

You may not care now, and I understand about the shipping prices, but if the product is not being purchased through proper distribution channels, they will not be avalable for long at that location rendering it a moot point that you "finally have a store selling them".
The goal of the current distributors (Aqua Forest and ADG) is to establish a market and phase into the stores. Right now there are not enough willing stores in the country to support standard wholsale-to-retail distribution, so we are sort of forced to do it the way we are now, which does invlove a direct-to-customer approach that does involve shipping. This all takes time and we are working hard (and have been for 2 years now) to make it happen.
We have also structured our wholsale pricing so that stores can sell the product to their customers for less than the customer can buy it from us online. Clearly our goal is to get it into more stores.

Unfortunately, it matters a great deal where it came from.

We have also structured our wholsale pricing so that stores can sell the product to their customers for less than the customer can buy it from us online. Clearly our goal is to get it into more stores.
If that is the case, then what's the issue? Isn't that exactly what is happening? Another store is carrying ADA, so that's great (especially since it's so near me!), right?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.