Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have been hinting at this, but I think it's time to give some info.

I have been working with Jeff Senske of ADG and my friend Allen, who runs The Big Fish, a great LFS in Chatsworth area of the San Fernando Valley, to bring ADA products in great quanitites, with line support, and at great prices to the LA area.

We are finalizing our first order with ADG, and should have a lot of product before the holidays. Prices are not 100% set yet, because they really depend on shipping, but if you are looking for something specific, please do me a favor.

Call (818) 678-6480 , and ask for Allen, or Chris. Tell them you heard from Edward that they will carry ADA products and tell them what you want. Commit to it and you will get guaranteed product as long as ADG has it in stock. And it shows the shop that you are interested in the product and that there is support for it here, in LA. This will make it easier for them to take a chance on this product.

ADA line is incredible, I am a huge believer in it. If you want to have a full line ADA store here in LA, help the shop get it started.

We'll be working out a SCAPE discount deal as soon as we know our hard costs.

BTW, the store is located on 20535 Plummer St, in Chatsworth, just west of Mason. HERE is a link to a map on Yahoo

·
Registered
105 Posts
And so it begins... Pretty soon, this stuff will be everywhere and then competitive pricing will ensue. Until then, I'll slum it ;)

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, so your best answer to someone taking a big chance and spending a lot of money to bring a new and progressive product into the area, at prices that ARE competitive and set by ADA, is " I'll slum it". You will wait till it's at every LFS and nobody cares because it's not unique at all? OK ;)

BTW, this will never happen, for many reasons, some of which I can not discuss. But one is very easy. ADA sets prices at certain levels, That is why you see ADG and Aquaforrest have the same exact prices on their sites. Any store buying it from either one of those places will really not be able to do much but come as close as they can to those prices, but will never go lower. :)

BTW, the place has only received one phone call with interest in the product. I can't believe there is only one person interested. And, no, I dont have ANY personal gain at all in this line at the store. I just want a LFS that is close to me that is not like the rest of the dungy places in LA. After seeing some places in San Fran, it makes me sick for the quality of our FW hobby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts