Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a rather silly question, but on ADA rimless/frameless tanks, what keeps the glass from seperating at the joints? I realize there's sealant there, but does it also hold it together since the weight of water just wants to push them apart?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Reilly,

ADG, our sponsor, has a website. Check them out in their Sponsor forum or just click on their banner.

From what I remember, ADA tanks are made in Germany by a premier aquarium maker. I was fortunate enough to own a 60 cm and a tiny Cube Garden. In either case, workmanship was tremendous.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm sure if you email Jeff at ADG, on what specific tank ( dimension/gallon) he could get you an answer to your interests. Also be willing to pay for a hell alot of money for those tanks, since they are not cheap. I have a 2003 ADA catalog, and looking at those tanks from the pics just makes me drool=P~, but looking at those prices makes me choke on my drool](*,). Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gomer said:
IIRC, the 18g rimless tank runs around $85 in normal glass and $270 in starphire.

The tank dimensions are something like 60x30x36cm
Would be the one-solid-piece-with-rounded-corners or the 5-panes-of-glass-and-silicone type? =P~

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does anyone have electronic copies of any of the ADA catalogues? I'd even look at the pictures (who cares about the text). I went to the ADA website and translated it using Babelfish, but that is just a list of dimesnsions and prices....not pictures.

THanks if anyone has it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.