Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the adjustable legs (not the standard legs) for my Coralife Aqualight fixture. They are not sliding on the rear track very well. Could only get one on about an inch and the other one broke off after going on about a 1/2 inch. Are they this hard to put on or do you think my fixture track is out of alignment?
Would wd40 help? Got a new set on order, but want to be sure I know the best method to slide them on. Also went to change out one of bulbs from 10,000 to 6700 and not sure how to get them out because of the plastic retaining tab holding them in against where they plug in. Before I change it I want to be sure I do it right and not damage something.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
You have to loosen up the metal clips that is on the adjustable legs. When I first purchased these myself, they were tough for me to put on the lights as well. Then I figured if I loosen up the metal clips and slide them in, it worked a lot better.

Give it a try.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You right, took the adjustable light legs back to lfs and they showed me how to loosen the screw.
Odd that they were already together and you had to take them apart and lossen screw before putting them on. Nothing in the instuctions about that just said slide the legs on. They are going to replace the whole set for free and said that is a stupid not to mention that in the instuctions. Without first taking them apart the screw head was even hidden.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
just make sure you dont put ANY kinda of weight on those things as ive had alot of them snap off suddenly and drop in to the tank.dont get me wrong here im not bashing them....they are a great easy solution to a problem but just be careful not to bump or lean on them when doing stuff in ur tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts