Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Gomer should be thrilled, he's been bugging for a picture (sorry gomer, not yet)

Looking for some aquascaping advice for the 10g tank that I'm entering in the Iron aquascaper (and maybe ADA).

Attached is the overall layout (not exact - but pretty close) I started out with just a base of hydrocotyle, but I'm questioning that now... I've been thinking about adding a little open space in front of the driftwood. I've drawn in roughly what I'm I'm talking about. Current substrate in the tank is red flourite (i know... Ugh - it was what was available), my thoughts were to excavate the area out, add some lighter sand in that area (photochopping, I'm debating between a nice tan or salt n peppered sand look, onyx just adds to the other problem)

My other issue with the tank, is the hydrocotyle, it's growing a little taller than i'd like, leaving a shall we say black hole between the tops and the substrate... That I could probably make dissapear with the right camera angles, but if I do the sand modification, then I'm stuck with it around the sandy beach area. Do I try to plant something in front, or run with it?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I always thought that the miniature parasol-effect created by Hydrocotyle verticellata was its claim to fame. If you really want to cover up the stalks, I would recommend a thick mat of Glossostigma elatinoides.

If you really want the white sand effect, then perhaps switch the Hydrocotyle verticellata for some Glossostigma elatinoides, Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides, or Hemianthus callitrichoides.

Carlos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts