Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After two moves and about two years, I finally got my 55 gallon back together and running. It's mainly java moss layered between pieces of local shale, some local hairgrass dotting the right side, a native groundcover on the left which I have no idea the identity of, and some (native?) rotala indica on both sides. I collected the hairgrass, groundcover, and rotala locally from a pond and local creek. The tank specs are:

55 Gallon All-Glass
Marineland Magnum 350 Canister
~240W ODNO 6500K Lighting
Large River Stone topped with Quickrete Play Sand in the Foreground
Red Sea Paintball CO2 System

Not dosing yet as I am waiting for the algae to fall into control, I do have my bulk powder fertilizers from before, KPhos, KNit, and Dry Micros. I have 18 feeeder guppies and one Yellow Labidochromis which is going to be heading to a friend's tank to allow the introduction, perhaps, of some cherry shrimp.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you've read my new journal on my 10 gallon you know that I am getting some really nice local specimens from a pond a few miles away. I took a few fists full of the local Fissidens and wrapped it to some driftwood to fill in the background a bit...

I don't know why my pictures are coming out so yellow from this tank. I'll have to see what I can do about it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some more rearranging to try to get the right side of the tank to look like part of the tank. It seemed to be totally ignored with nothing going on over there. I removed some java moss for my father's new tank and moved around my mossy driftwood. I also planted a stand of H. Difformis. I'm planning on it growing like gangbusters so I can split it and replant some on the opposing side. The groundcover I took out of the local creek is sending down roots from each of the segments. I cut it into pieces like with HC so I could get it spreading faster. It seems to be liking it. I added two fat, knocked up female guppies too, just to get the population up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts