Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aga 2008 Photos

Well, there are a lot of thread floating around, so i thought i would create another!! HAHA

It was great to meet everyone!! It was such a humbling experience to be around so many great people with so much to give to the hobby. I want to thank everyone that I met, there are just too many. I just want to say that as i was flying home (with Jay and Jens....unfortunately i dont live near them...long story), I thought of every person I spoke with and was sad that i would have to wait to see you all again.

To thank you all, here are some photos...

jB

·
Registered
550 Posts
Jason I don't know if I am the only one but I cannot see the pictures. Keep in mind we are having the Houston Plant fest in April 09 so there is many people from GWAPA coming and I hope Jay can too.
It was nice meeting you!
Luis Navarro

·
Registered
766 Posts
Excellent pics, mr. amano pics are superb. Hopefully some day I'll be able to go.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
Nice job Jason. I have camera-envy with your setup. What lens were you using at the convention?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, that was just so much fun to be there. Looking at the pictures again is bringing me back again. I cant wait until the next time we can all get together again.

Luis and Than - It would be great to make it down to Houston....we can harass the senske boys as well ;) Luis, i will bring an extra piece of salmon for you :)>

Hooha - The lens is a Nikkor 18-200VR, its a pretty cool all-around lens.

Jens - I totally want to come up, plus i owe you guys one for saving my life on the flight back:)

Thanks for the other comments guys. What a great time we all had!!

jB

·
Registered
550 Posts
Luis and Than - It would be great to make it down to Houston....we can harass the senske boys as well ;) Luis, i will bring an extra piece of salmon for you :)>
jB
Salmon does you body good! In decent quantities, that is; did you see my plate? That thing was the size of an anchovy! You guys will be happy when you come to Houston specially you my friend that enjoy food as much as I do, We are working hard to make this happen, one thing you can count on is some amazing Texas BBQ the best in the whole wide world partner.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I looked into my vacation blackout at work, looks like it'll be most of May - set a date for this thing, let me look into flights! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the comments on the pictures :) Its hard to go wrong with so many cool things to see....i just had to point and shoot!!

I think there is an 80% of me coming to Houston....i am starting to count the days:)

jB

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
What is that amazing shark/whale spotted fish?! He looks huge. Sure wish I hadn't missed that tour! :(

Will there be rare plants at the Plant fest? What day of the week is it usually held on?

·
Registered
360 Posts
It was great catching up with everyone at the AGA. Jason, your life needed saving on the flight back?

I can't wait for the Houston Plant Fest. Definitely set a date soon, so we can all plan our work and flight schedules accordingly. (And try not to make it the 4th weekend of a month, as that's GWAPA's regular meeting)

·
Registered
550 Posts
It will be the 2cnd weekend of April so as soon as I get the hotel info I will let you guys know the rates.
We would like to make this a 4 day thing so you will have to arrive on Thursday as far as rare plants I am sure we will have a plant swap among our clubs.
So far we have Jojo and friends from Hawaii many guys from GWAPA, and I hope many more!
It seem that we will even have presentation or 2 as well as a Texas BBQ party

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It will be the 2cnd weekend of April so as soon as I get the hotel info I will let you guys know the rates.
We would like to make this a 4 day thing so you will have to arrive on Thursday as far as rare plants I am sure we will have a plant swap among our clubs.
So far we have Jojo and friends from Hawaii many guys from GWAPA, and I hope many more!
It seem that we will even have presentation or 2 as well as a Texas BBQ party
Sounds good! I hope I will be able to make it. I'm dying to see the ADG gallery!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts