Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping folks with prior experience at the auction can chime in on here. Is this typically a hobbyist driven auction, or is it vendor driven? Are there only the so called 'rarer' plants or a wide spectrum? Since it will be major trim time for me, I was thinking of bringing some plants to the auction, but want to get an idea what it is all about. TIA.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
If it is like past AGA auctions, it will be primarily stocked with hobbyist plants with a smaller number of plants from vendors. There will be a wide variety of plants. Contributors can donate part or all of their income from the auction to AGA. There will be both open bidding with an auctioneer and a "silent" phase where potential buyers walk around the tables and write down their bids on a sheet of paper next to the proffered plants.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is a straight 70/30 split for sellers and the AGA. I believe the silent auction is on some specified items as well, not every item in the auction.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
What is this AGA auction?
It is at the annual Aquatic Gardeners Association (AGA) convention, which is being held in Atlanta next month. There is a thread in this section that completely explains it and leads you to the official convention link. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts