Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please check AGA Gallery which I was able to design with Erik's help.
http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/gallery/AGA-2004

I shook things up a bit in AGA organization and was able to convince Erik that neatly designed Gallery is beneficial to the association and all the members.

Please check all the pictures: speakers, banquet, auction, candid shots :lol: , Ghazanfar's VIP Party, Amano's workshop etc.

Please provide comments under pictures :idea:

Thanks and enjoy :wink:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Jay,

I like the photos. Thanks for sharing the link.

I like the AGA for the reason of its publishing The Aquatic Gardener. Having something in hard copy, a magazine is nice. I like sitting down and reading over coffee - you cannot do that with a screen. Without TAG, there would be nothing native to the USA in print form which would be very interesting to a planted tank enthusiast.

But when it comes to interesting conversation and more up to the minute data, I prefer to come to APC. The articles published in TAG by Takashi Amano and friends, the articles about Tropica, or a visit to Oriental Aquariums in Singapore are good. But some of the articles are a bit lacking in interest: articles about yeast DIY, about 'stuck in then Net' (the regurgitation of the email discussion list) are not very interesting to me. It is easier to access better information on the Internet.

Anyway, I do appreciate your photos - a picture tells a thousand words.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jay, thank you for spending time to put those photographs together for us all to see. Your contribution to the community is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robert Hudson said:
You should add Walter Wu's pictures to it as well
Email was send to all AGA members and those who attended the Convention. If he wants to send them my way, please tell him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seek and ye shall find.

The link to Walter's pics been onthe AGA convention page for sometime now.

He has a very nice presentation of Amano demo. Each photo is well annotaed. For those that weren't there or haven't seen the disk, Wlater's is a darn fine view of the demo.

Dig in kids,
sh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jay Luto said:
Please check AGA Gallery which I was able to design with Erik's help.
http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/gallery/AGA-2004

I shook things up a bit in AGA organization and was able to convince Erik that neatly designed Gallery is beneficial to the association and all the members.
Speaking for myself only and not on behalf of other AGA member, I offer a few comments.

AGA must get a half dozen folks suggesting galleries or forums, etc. every few months. I don't think it was ever a question of Erik or other AGA folks needing to be convinced of good ideas being worth the trouble; it was, as always in a nonprofit organization, a question of someone having the time to do it and not make a half-fannie effort. I think that's why you got the job Jay, you wanted it and you showed you were committed to doing it. AGA board members appreciate getting ideas, even hearing the same ones many times -- but what is rarer is someone volunteering to put the ideas into practice. And even rarer than that is someone that volunteers and then follows through with hard work that is required.

You came to the AGA with not just one of these ideas but also a commitment to lend the skills and work necessary to put it into practice. And indeed, you put in an awful lot of hard work before, during, and after the convention, and not just on the photos, but in other ways too.

To me, it's rather surprising -- and in a way very encouraging -- to me the similarity of all the ideas I've heard presented to the AGA. So many of us think alike. I guess my point is that it's not a lack of vision; it's a lack of an adequate supply of dedicated elbow grease.

My soap box is starting to creak, so I guess I'll step down now. :wink:
Scott H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts