Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a college student who wound up getting a Betta fish two weeks ago in a white elephant party at work. I had an empty tank, and all the stuff from my previous planted tank so I said why not and set up a quick tank for the fish. The tank is still cycling, and it started into an algae bloom. Here's the issue I am leaving for two weeks to go home and spend Christmas with my family, and I leave tomorrow. I planned to do a 50% water change tomorrow before I leave for the airport, leave the light off but the window open (the tank is in the window) and hope for the best. Now I am worried the algae bloom will get excessive while I am gone. Any tips to help mitigate it as much as possible while I am gone?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tanan - I say it now and then two weeks after a water change, "It is a health tank, honey."
Lets see what two weeks does using less light if your man scrubbed the tank clean, clean.

:icon_hang: Do not scrub the algae. Change the water if you must -it is two weeks. Clean up the dead stuff. Add an additional powerhead or air pump but leave the algae alone.
The Betta should be alright either way.​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.