Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
This might not kill the whole problem, but it will kill the BGA on the spot.
Get a syringe, fill it up to about 1 ml of Hydrogen Peroxide, and spray it on the BGA.
It will bubble up and die after 1 or 2 treatments.
However, word of caution too much Hydrogen Peroxide can kill plants and fish.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank has been setup for few months it's a 29 gallon setup with canister filter, marineland aquatic plant led and finnex ray 2 both size about 29"-30" the co2 is on a slower bubble rate because I upped it and almost killed my fish both times I tried to up it. Substrate is Ada Amazonia I have giant hair grass in the back about 6 and blyxa japonica in middle and hair grass and HC growing in the front
Ferts I do daily before lights come on about 6 ml or 6 pumps from an old Ada brighty K bottle of PPS pro which normally calls for 3. I try to change about 30% every week of water sometimes it doesn't happen though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
The tank has been setup for few months it's a 29 gallon setup with canister filter, marineland aquatic plant led and finnex ray 2 both size about 29"-30" the co2 is on a slower bubble rate because I upped it and almost killed my fish both times I tried to up it. Substrate is Ada Amazonia I have giant hair grass in the back about 6 and blyxa japonica in middle and hair grass and HC growing in the front
Ferts I do daily before lights come on about 6 ml or 6 pumps from an old Ada brighty K bottle of PPS pro which normally calls for 3. I try to change about 30% every week of water sometimes it doesn't happen though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you initially do big daily or semi weekly water changes? Aquasoil (AS) is very rich in N so I doubt that's the problem in this case. I run AS based high-light tanks and only added K for the 1st six months without any deficiencies. Bigger water changes, less feed, add carbon/purigen to filter and/or erythromycin tablets (dose as directed) and I think it will be gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.