Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like too much all together or just on to long it's on for about 9 hours. I have increased the co2 and plants seem to be enjoying it because they are pearling more and you can see the active photosynthesis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
you can hit it with hydrogen peroxide. but take all your fish out, stop your filter and dose peroxide..will get rid of the algae. wait about an hour do a large water change ,restart your filter add fish back. when you start again just run the finnex see how it goes for a week or so.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just took the water parameters after the lights went out and they were as follows
PH: 6.6 Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 8-10 KH: 6 GH: i'm not sure it didn't seem to read right I cant decipher the colors Phosphate was reading about: 0.25

·
Registered
34 Posts
I do dose no nitrate are 8-10

No offense, you're never going to get help with vague riddles such as this last post of yours. Planted tanks are all individually unique in their own way, details from your specific setup will greatly assist in solving your specific problem. I'd be happy to help but I won't play 20 questions with you.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are the water parameters I fixed them to make more sense I hope PH= 6.6 Ammonia= 0 Nitrite= 0 Nitrate= 8-10
ppm KH= 6 degrees and I measured GH but I couldn't decipher the color change easy enough to determine the correct reading. And finally my Phosphate was reading about: 0.25
My fertilizing schedule is 5ml per day and I dose a concentration between what the recommended for pps pro and ei doses. I increased the co2 to about 2 bubbles per second. I use a sun sun canister filter with UV which I just cleaned last night. The co2 doesn't run at night when the lights go out. Temperature remains at 75 degrees. Plants include blyxa japonica and giant hairgrass. I also have more plants coming and then I think both of these plants are going to get taken out. I have one oto in the tank and 3 Siamese algae eaters coming in the mail. I also have 3 horned nerite snails coming in the mail. Would you guys like to know anything else to help me out?

·
Registered
96 Posts
No offense, you're never going to get help with vague riddles such as this last post of yours. Planted tanks are all individually unique in their own way, details from your specific setup will greatly assist in solving your specific problem. I'd be happy to help but I won't play 20 questions with you.
In defense of the OP, it was clear from both the first and amended tank readings that nitrates are 8-10. I concur with the others that There's likely too much light...try staggering the lights. No need to have them both blasting for 9 hours. Off, one on, both on, one on, and off. Play with the photoperiod. You can also add some floaters for nutrient export and to cut light to the main display

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.