Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 45 Gallon newly planted aquarium. My water is Crystal clear, but I can't seem to get rid of the algae growing on the plants, driftwood/rock and glass. I started using Flourish-excel last week and it did lower the density of the algae on the glass, but didn't get rid of it all together. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
New tanks are always going to have some algae issues. Keep the front glass clean with a scrubber or cloth. Good fertilizing (N,P,K, and micros) and carbon source (CO2 or excel) will keep the plants healthy and allow them to out-compete most of the algae.

Getting the right doses of each nutrient will take some tinkering and guessing at first, but you've got to get a starting point and from there. (Example; I started with the Seachem Guide and with a bit of DIY CO2 and then made adjustments over time as I saw changes, problems, changed lighting, etc...)

But, like chagovatoloco has requested, it's hard to give accurate advice without some info on your set-up and what your current routine is.

-Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts