Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
It seems a bit similar looking to what is growing (living?) on a single leaf of some fern in my tank (by look probably Bolbitis heudelotii - one leaf came in the package with my fish and I was curious to see if it will grow roots, so I kept it). I thought that it might be spores growing into new plants, but now I'm not sure :confused: I never saw it before and it's not on any other plant or decoration in the tank. I removed it from the tank to take a photo and I won't put the leaf back, that thingy is quite suspicious.

(click on photos for higher resolution)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems a bit similar looking to what is growing (living?) on a single leaf of some fern in my tank (by look probably Bolbitis heudelotii - one leaf came in the package with my fish and I was curious to see if it will grow roots, so I kept it). I thought that it might be spores growing into new plants, but now I'm not sure :confused: I never saw it before and it's not on any other plant or decoration in the tank. I removed it from the tank to take a photo and I won't put the leaf back, that thingy is quite suspicious.

(click on photos for higher resolution)

Mine doesn't branch or have those tentacles.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.