Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
I found this thread while looking for information about growing U. graminifolia immersed.

Terrestrial Utricularia produce lots and lots of tiny, orchid-like blooms. (Some species do this more easily than others, though!) Here is a picture of one of mine in September, 2007:

Easily as pretty above water as underwater. Anyone growing U. graminifolia in their aquarium should consider growing some emersed, as well. :)

· Registered
61 Posts
Sorry to everyone whose reply I neglected! I completely forgot I posted that picture, and just found the thread again while searching (again!) for information about U. graminifolia.

I didn't do anything special at all for the plant in the picture. The substrate was peat moss, perlite, and sand, I usually kept it pretty damp (pretty sure I just used tap water), and had about 55 watts of NO T5 lighting over it (along with a few other containers of carnivorous plants) for around eight hours a day. No heating or anything like that. It produced tons of blooms whenever the soil dried out a little.

Has anyone been growing emersed Utricularias? I have two, but nothing worth posting pictures of, unfortunately!

Edit: I forgot that I would also squirt a CC or two of aquarium water into the container every now and then, since Utricularias trap tiny aquatic organisms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.