Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought 2 bunches of a plant that either is, or looks very similar to Alternanthera reineckii. my plant is actually purple underneath (not red) and the green is a little different. i am just wondering if this is a true aquatic plant b/c its stem feels very stiff, almost like it is a terrestrial plant. any thoughts/tips on how to care for this plant?

to see a picture of a similar looking plant click the link
http://koti.phnet.fi/jarkki/kasvit/Papukaijalehti%20(Alternanthera%20reineckii%20Roseafolia).jpg

-michael

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats good to know :) i was worried there for a sec b/c the pet shop i got it from didnt even know what its name was (they called it "dragon tongue"). I'm not sure what a low kh is supposed to be, is kh of 6-7° (~113ppm) low/moderate, what about a gh of 17° (~320ppm)?

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea mine has purple on the bottom and on the top a very dark green also i can see purple veins on the green side. i asked the owner of a small pet shop what it was and he said it was a bog plant - not a real aq plant. so i think im going to return it. though i wouldnt mind getting another plant that looks similar to it.... like the one in the above post :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.