Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some problems with what i think might be thread algae so i wanted to check if I was dosing my frets correctly

My Setup:

10 gallon tank
Eheim 2213 Classic
36 W Kit from AH Supply (8 hours a day)
Co2 Injection (3bps) with a ADA knockoff Glass micro-diffusor timed to turn on and off with the lights
(I ordered a Co2 glass drop checker on Ebay but it's been 3 weeks and it still isnt here yet)

I've been dosing: 1/8 tsp KNO3 , 1/32 KH2PO4, 1/32 tsp K2SO4 Mon/Wed/Fri
1/32 tsp Plantex CSM+B Tue/Thus/Sat
Water change On Sundays
1ml of Excel twice a week

Does it matter that i didn't make a solution? I kind of prefer dosing dry ferts into the tank.

Note: I couldn't find 1/32 tsp measuring spoons.. so i use a Dash/Pinch/Smidgen/Nip set of spoons. I took 4 scoops of the Smidgen spoon and put them into a 1/8 tsp spoon and it seemed about right to fill it

I usually add the ferts late at night right before i go to bed the day before because I am just too tired and rushed to do it in the morning

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
Dosing dry works fine, and your dosages seem to be ok too. I don't think you are dosing Excel often enough though. One ml per 10 gallons every day or every other day is how I remember the proper dosage.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't know why a tank like this would need excel. I run 8wpg in a 10 gallon and have had no algae issues for the past month. I do the same dosing on my 10 gallon as you with a 6 hour photo period, and I measure my co2 with a drop checker. And I just let the tank sit on Saturday with no dosing. Is your co2 pressurized?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeap.. my co2 is pressurized.. I have a 10lb tank with Milwaukee regulator. Since the lights are ok and the ferts are ok.. that only leaves the CO2.. but without the drop checker.. all i can do is wait. It's been 30 days since they claim to have shipped it.. but still nothing yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts